Visiting the doctor can be stressful especially for a child who is not feeling his or her best or who is worried about receiving immunizations. To help make your child's experience as pleasant and convenient as possible, please follow the suggestions:
For your child's first appointment, please arrive 20 minutes before your child's scheduled appointment to complete paperwork. If your child is an established patient with Coker Pediatrics and you have updates to your insurance or other information, please arrive early to make these changes.
- Bring identification, such as a driver's license and current copy of the insurance card that covers your child.
- Bring a list of all medications your child is taking, including over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
- Bring your child's current immunization record.
- Write down any questions or concerns you have for the pediatrician or nurse practitioner, and bring them with you.
- If your child is sick, record any symptoms he or she is having, including when they started and their frequency.
- Prepare your child for the visit as much as possible. If you know what the appointment will involve, tell your child in advance that he or she is going to the doctor and what will be done during the visit.
- Take notes. Writing down instructions or advice will help you remember them later.
|Newborn||Hep B (If not given at the hospital)|
|2 month||DTaP, HIB, Polio, Prevnar, Rotavirus, Hep B|
|4 month||DTaP HIB, Polio, Prevnar, Rotavirus, Hep B|
|6 month||DTaP, HIB, Polio, Prevnar, Hep B, Seasonal flu vaccine|
|9 month||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|12 month||MMR, Chicken Pox, Prevnar, HIB, Seasonal flu vaccine|
|15 month||DTap, Hep A, Seasonal flu vaccine|
|18 month||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|2 year old||Hep A, Seasonal flu vaccine|
|3 years old||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|4 years old||DTaP, Polio, MMR, Chicken Pox (Must be exactly on or after 4 Year birthday)|
|5-8 years old||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|9 years old||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|10 years old||Seasonal flu vaccine|
|11 years old||TDaP, MCV4, HPV, Seasonal flu vaccine|
|12-15 years old||HPV (if needed), Seasonal flu vaccine|
|16 years old||MCV4, HPV (if needed), Seasonal flu vaccine|
|17-18 years old||HPV (if needed), Men B Vaccine, Seasonal flu vaccine|